Monday, March 7, 2016

lời chào hỏi

That's how you say hi in Vietnam. "Lời chào hỏi"

Today I met my new supervisor; Dr. Chris Campbell. Originally, the meeting was at 1.30pm. I somehow overlooked that I had another important meeting with Dr. Noriko at 1. I don't know why I put Noriko's on Wednesday (9 Mar). Urgh.

Anyway, Chris was ok if I could meet her at 2.30 instead. My meeting with Noriko ended at 2-ish. 

So I went to her office (620a, Social Sciences Building). I must say..I was nervous. I didn't know what to expect at the beginning. A lot went through my mind..mostly because she is someone from school of edu instead of appling (what I'm currently doing). 

When I came, there was a Professor inside. They were talking about a PhD candidate who just successfully graduated. Outside, I could clearly see what Chris is currently working on. She has three on-going research with one of them being a Malaysian context. She's working on FrogVLE; a cloud-based learning design for Malaysian schools. It's under 1BestariNet project with The Malaysian Ministry of Education. 

The reason she agreed to supervise me is my topic has something to do with what she had done in the past. Second Life and Education for a broad topic. I don't wanna bore you with that.

As I was sitting, she asked me where I was from. Kinda funny though. 

Chris: So tell me, where are you from Niza? Oh wait, let me guess... Vietnam.
Chris: You're from Vietnam right.
Me: Errm..Chris, no I'm from Malaysia.
Chris: Oh, I went there last year. Slow internet you got there Niza.
Me: Yeah, tell me 'bout it.

She's so friendly. She's funny. That was the first time ever people thought I'm a Vietnamese. lol.

I hope I've made a right decision this time. :(

Toodles.

No comments: