Sunday, September 6, 2009

Review of my training months. (Part 2)

"Creativity means believing you have greatness."
Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

Being a teacher does not mean that you only come to school to teach...
Along the way, you have to fill in whatever position the management gives you...
This is where your humility and professionalism are tested to a greater impact...

Having the opportunity of being a trainee at SMKSI has really opened my eyes, widely!
I did every single thing that the school asked me to....

If you think relief duty is heavy, think about...handling the school trip somewhere, teaching other subjects besides your option, preparing exam question (qualification is out of the box), handling discipline matters, leading a program, updating the lessons etc....

Sometimes, these things make you grow up... You will look at your life and others at a different angle...

I consider myself lucky as those experience were worth to die for...They say; "It's the politics at workplace or kerenah birokrasi.."

I'd say; "It's a new level of professionalism!"


Take it with open arms, look for sources and help...and you can enjoy the satisfaction..(satisfaction guaranteed!).


During my training days, I have taught more than one subjects. They were:
-English
-Pendidikan Moral
-Geography
-Pendidikan Seni Visual
-Mathematics
-Pendidikan Agama Islam
-Amalan Bahasa Melayu (for remove class)

I had no idea on how to execute my lessons at the beginning. Nevertheless, with the help of in-charge persons, I pulled myself together and I had fun...for myself and the students...Most of the times, games come in handy...

The students especially form 1 students, labeled me as "Cikgu teka-teki". Why? Perhaps I should ask 1D students or maybe 1E... Was it because I gave them too much riddles?

They are kids. Obviously they love games...As a teacher, manipulate those interest and make it into fun learning...Everyone can!


Along the way during my practicum, many things happened. I look at those as the bittersweet symphony of my life as a trainee.

I was offered for sex by a student...Tettt...reality check: It did happen!
I was called "Stupid!" right to my face by a student.
I was stalked by students.(still do ;p)
Students extremely fought in my classes. Blood was everywhere!!!
With these, skipping class is just a minute problem for us at SMKSI.
I handled it with dignity (^_^) though...I had no idea...being someone with power tested my credibility I guess.

I had so much fun during my training days. Life is full of colors. There are blessing in disguise for whatever happens.

It's not a fairytale anymore, having good students like other schools. I accepted everything with joy and laughter.

Auntie Liza told me once; "Cikgu, if you know how to look for fun at this school, then you should have no misery after this.."

It's true... Be creative...dig in and blend in with students...STUDY them! I managed to have fun and it's nothing but fun...(though sometimes I tend to hurt myself). I did silly stuffs sometimes.

I think that's all for part 2...I ought to take my shower now...

....to be continued....

2 comments:

theroyalcrapster said...

it's true..be creative! if you know where to look, fun is everywhere! (like what that auntie liza said :p)

~fiNdinG a VoiCe~ said...

indeed my love, indeed...;p