Thursday, May 7, 2015

Not cool, man!

Making fun of people is always fun. That's why it is called making FUN. However, you should know when to stop and not cross the line. Why? Did you know that when you make fun of others, they will lose their self-esteem and self-confidence because they are on the receiving end of your pathetic put-downs!?

Dude, it is totally unacceptable how you disrespected me just now! Hurting my feeling is one thing. Bringing me down so you could look and sound cool??! That is not cool, man.. So not cool. I felt intimidated but I kept it to myself, "It's okay... he's just teasing.." 

You have crossed the line 'brother'!

I know I should not have taken things too personally but when it comes to saving my face, pride and honor, I do take things personally. When you downgraded and name-called me to that level, I was surprised that it came out from your mouth. Was that really you, my friend?! Were you drunk?!

Next time, when you have nothing positive or good to say, it is best for you to shut up! Oh well, I know the game you played just now. You put me down to gain status among our friends. You put me down to look cool. Gosh. You are so cheap. Not cool, man!

For what you said to me just now and for what you did to me just now, I thank you. I have let myself belittled by you and I have allowed you to disrespect me. It is okay. I understand. You needed to look cool and gain more friends. Well, you can have them. No problem.

I forgive you.


"I don't have time, energy or interest in hating the haters; I'm too busy loving the lovers" 
~ Steve Maraboli

No comments: