Sunday, July 4, 2010

Dogma...avoid being trapped...

Urghhh....vision, vision, please come clearer and nearer to me, please....

People around me seem to have clear goals which keep them moving smooth all the time. Sometimes, I borrow their tenets to be adapted with my lifestyle. Most of the time, it works but I am not sure if I am happy or not. I have this question in my mind all the time; "Am I doing the things right?" and "Am I doing the right things?". I wish I can succeed without having such questions or doubt about my credibility. But...(sigh)..

Successful people would have certain principles for their daily routines. I have read several books (not that I don't like reading, I am just too lazy to put my glass on..;p) on how to live a successful life or how to walk and talk with wisdom bla bla bla... None of those books compels me on how to have my own stand and not following others....

What? All this while, I have been living my life according to other people's standards!!! If I am too blunt to know the message, I would be saying; "What's wrong with that??"

Today, I have encountered a brilliant advice which says; "Do not be trapped with dogma!"... It simply means: do not over-follow principle of other people or you'll see yourself a loser. Somehow, I see the truth in that. By following others, I don't see myself standing tall on my own. I am living my life, aren't I???

Thus, starting from today, I will step-by-step try to carve my own path by drawing my own line, even if it means my lines to be a bit lower than others. At least, I set my own standard! Wohoo. It is good to have a hold on principle of others. Don't get me wrong. I am talking about guidelines that really serve as a guide rather than a benchmark.

Learning how not to be trapped by dogmas is a bit tricky. First, I need a goal. A clearer goal! I need to have my vision, clearer version! I am still thinking it over and over (for the past four minutes). All I have is big dreams and hopes. That is not a vision. I still remember about 'vision' (according to someone who gave an interesting talk at U8B's seminar). Vision is specific goals to be achieved according to plan. It must be specific! Yeah....

I need to spend more time thinking and less time of napping to have a specific vision, perhaps. I will do that...immediately! I will...I am doing it...NOW!

Vision, vision, please come to me and knock a portion of my brain clearly please....please..please....Naah, that won't do it.... I need fresh air.... Hopefully, before I close my eyes tonight, I will have my own dogma and principles...Hopefully.... Hey, I WILL! Yes, I WILL!

No comments: