Friday, September 12, 2008

My Favourite Fictional Character

When I was a little boy, I have always had passion towards "Superman". I though he was great! Then I shifted my passion on "Ultraman" Believe it or not, Ultramans are hilariously great! What I meant by that is...they look silly but powerful. Of course, I did not see the 'silly' part when I was little.

That was then. I wonder why it always lead me to fictional superhero. Fictional character does not necessarily have to be the heroes. Therefore, what I'm about to expose here is my favourite fictional character all the time. That would be Nancy in most of James Patterson's novels.

Nancy is a detective. She is determined in doing her job. There's nothing more important than solving the mystery (murders). However, it is not like the typical crime story. It is beyond complicated and...hard to explain. The character herself is not stereotyped by the author. She is sick. She has a severe blood disease yet she still determines to finish what she has started.

She often skips the appointment to see the doctor and she does not really have fun with her life. Along the way of her new-promoted job, she makes friends whom I can tell are the greatest friend we can ever imagine. All of them works in different field yet they manage to sit together and find solution for the mystery.

Nancy portrays the characteristic of a true, great and loyal friend. She never crosses her friends and she treats others fairly equal. When it comes to love, she's always have an issue. It is...about trust. Therefore, she encounters failures in many in her love life. Being a super-policewoman makes her entitled for the attention and not to mention the pressure. She becomes ill and its getting worse by days. Work becomes her love in the end and tragically, her work sucks her lifespan.

One thing about Nancy is, she always have positive thought in her mind as if the world will treat her fair in life. I somehow think that this what makes her happy all the time. She looks for opportunity and chance in her every action. Nancy is my idol.

No comments: