Saturday, June 6, 2009

Kutu Rayau Part 2 - Rayau2 around SMK Sri Istana.

The day has finally come! It's my first day visiting SMK Sri Istana, Klang. It was unofficial though.

A million thanx to my buddy Ekhwan for accompanying me. Hehe...I never thought it's that easy..ahax...

Istana Klang is huuuuge.....almost like a Taj Mahal..ok, that's a lie.... It's effing pretty!

That's not the point. I spent...errm..let's say..quite some times at SMK Sri Istana. I must say..WOW! I love it...Thank you Mdm Lim Wai Fun!

Here's the thing...I have made myself a new friend! Her name is...Ms Aliza a/p A. Rayar...it's pronounced as e-lai-za. She's a guard there... and....tadaaaaaa.... SHE SPEAKS ENGLISH FLUENTLY! She is super friendly..when I said SUPER, I really meant it!..Seriously, you can ask Ekhwan if you don't believe me...or see it for yourself...moral of the story: Never judge a book by its first page!

She's actually very nice to me..n Ekhwan of course...she was willing to spend her time showing me around the school...and she told me some stories about the school... Some interesting facts:

1. Most of the royal kids study here! The school is actually located behind the Istana.
2. The kerabat2 di-Raja's family, the Mangku2 whatever send their kids here!
3. The Quarters for the Istana workers are just next to the school...they also send their kids here!
4. The Sultan has just approved a school project...he is fully funding the school for the new buildings...
5. The school is friggin' old and ugly, yet..it's concrete..duh..
6. Mrs Principal is very very very nice and good in what she is doing..it's already her 5th years here..
7. The ratio: Almost balanced between 3 major races...
8. They are lacking in English teachers and most of the teachers are females. The TESL trainee teachers (ifa n i) r like replacing their english teachers who r on maternity leave...;p
9. Police is often available...for ronda-ronda purpose....
10. It's a two-sessions school.
11. It's near to a very cute playground on the hill...Ekhwan and I went there too...ahahahha...clean n cute...

I think I like the school already.. I hope Pn. Marwani likes me too...(first impression)..Lalalala....

Some facts about students:
1. They are mostly weak in English...according to Ms Liza, they love the textbook but they don't understand it... It is suggested that they best learn English by watching cartoons...
2. They have problem in mixing around with different races. It is quite obvious that they will remain in their respective groups no matter what the situation is..ayyo, I'm so dead..
3. They really respect the guards...sometimes the guard will become their teacher (English)
4. They are currently working on a gardening project in the school compound.

Hmmm....my feelings? It's mixed! Seriously..I am nervous...and at the same time, I am excited to teach...First, I need to get to know them, personally...Like what Ekhwan has suggested....walk with them when leaving the school...huhu... Perhaps...

I'll update my 'survival series' there...I hope I'll survive....ameeen...Lastly, I am kinda anxious upon whom will be my mentor...huuuuuuu....

Till then, toodles...;p

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Most of the royal kids study here! The school is actually located behing the Istana.

BEHING the istana? hehe.. missing t'ganu ke? :p

~fiNdinG a VoiCe~ said...

mesti la...da lame x balik kot..;p

b0b0y said...

kerabat uollssss!! ekekeke

~fiNdinG a VoiCe~ said...

jom boboy, bile nak marafak sembah ni?