Monday, June 15, 2009

My Very First Day....

Hoho...15 June 2009, the day of my life...ok, that's a lie. Perhaps it's one of my days, not THE day.

I drove to the school successfully without getting lost and saved time. I then parked the car at the school parking lot which is so unsystematic..(I'm sorry for my friend; Ika due to her 'extending hours' at the school due to the 'block'). Seriously, I think they should do something about it...

Then, I headed to the office and checked in for work... Came to my surprise, someone has already signed my attendance...7.10 in the morning... Huh? As I recall, I woke up around 8am or something....and I'm teaching the noon session..How is that possible??? Hehe..it was Anwar's anyway... Read the name on the attendance sheet will you..huhu..

Right after that, I went to the teachers room. Yeay..I am so happy about my desk..it's big, new and just next to the window...where green is the theme,..just comfy. I must say, the teachers are very utterly friendly...and they are sooooooo helpful. I have made friends with some teachers today, Kak Yus and some other female teachers who are quite new to the school. I don't really know their names except Miss Shafiza (perhaps). The ustazahs are nice too.... I have also met the three counseling teachers (including Mdm Savithri).

I headed to the office after that. The PK Petang; Mr Hijazi has planned and presented the classes and timetable for Ifa and I. I won't be teaching Pendidikan Sivik anymore. I am taking Pendidikan Moral instead...(En Hijazi punye kelas..hampeh tol..) Ok la kot...since he doesn't have experience teaching it too...so he said its ok if I make mistakes...coz, I quote, "Saye pun tak tau ape nak ajar moral...".

So far; my timetable goes like this:

5 periods of English - Form 2C

5 periods of English - Form 2D
2 periods of Moral - Form 1 CDE

PRS for my co-curricular activity.

Most of the teachers I met claimed that 2D is a bit 'naughty' but 2C is fairly ok. Hmm, I shall give my best shot la, considering Ifa is taking Form 1F... I hope she will be ok too...don't worry Ifa, I'll help if I can...;p

My mentor is Mr Arud. He is a super senior teacher there... I can't remember exactly how many years he has been teaching there...puluh-puluh tahun jugak la.... He is extremely charismatic+considerate+adaptable+kind+loving+passionate teacher! WOW..I told Mr Selva (Ifa's mentor) upon how lucky I am to have Mr Arud as my guardian. Thanx Mr Hijazi and Mr Selva. Now we have each others' numbers in our handphones...cool... Should I sms you Mr Selva and Mr Arud??? Hehe...

Oh yeah, the Monday assembly..urgh...bosannye...and steamy...ngantuk pn ade... But, ok la..considering that I was the only male teacher atas stage td (Except Mr Hijazi la)... Cam hot stuff je students sume tgk...

I felt a bit awkward when students addressed me "Cikgu" today. I mean, in a good way...I guess. It was fun chatting and gossiping with the teachers in the teachers room... They shared some experience and...macam-macam la...

The canteen. I have to mention this. The mak cik canteen was very friendly tadi. She talked a lot about students there and I was shocked when she said, "Budak2 kat sini ok...dorang respect sume orang..xde gadoh2 la stakat mak cik keje sini..." Hmmm...knowing that, I was a bit relieved...Oh well, the masak lemak cili api was appetizing..nak lagi nak lagi!!!

The truth is... I think the students are ok... They respected me today...and they were friendly to me, tadi la... I don't know what will happen tomorrow...huhu...

I am writing this just to keep track of what I have been doing at school... I love walking around, getting to know with students (not all tho...) Seronok buat kawan dgn Afiq Irsyad...sangat friendly...form 1 tuh... Another reason is...I have not updated my reflective journal...perhaps I'll just refer to this blog to tally with my journal entries later on...hehe... Malasnye aku ni...hehe.

So far, I love the school.. I love the ambience.. I love the teachers.. I love my mentor... I love the students.... I still love Ms Liza..ahax... I can't wait to see what tomorrow has to offer...

p/s - I haven't done my lesson plan for 2D...hehe..got 1 period with them tomorrow...;p

Toodles...;p

No comments: